Double smoke.

We love to cook and we love to hear what others are cooking. With pics of course!
towtruck
Expert
Expert

Double smoke.

Post by towtruck » September 10th, 2022, 7:45 pm

The wife had a whole chicken and a 5# pork roast she wanted cooked and had no idea what to do with them. It's been hot all week and tending to a smoker did not sound fun all week. This morning I put together a 10 hour snake in my big BBQ/Smoker and placed a pan of water inside the snake. I seasoned up the roast and placed it over the pan and oiled up and seasoned the chicken and set it in the smoker away from the snake. I fired it off and had perfect temps for over nine hours. I don't remember the cook time on the chicken but I pulled it at 160* and it was juicy and tender with great flavor. The roast went nine hours and kinda stalled out at 190* as I only had a 200* pit using the Dial thermometer and my snake was about done. I think the Thermpro and the smoker's Dial are off by 10*. I pulled it off and wrapped it in foil on the counter and will pull it into pulled pork once it cools a bit. I would have liked 195-200* better but it looks perfectly cooked. Beautiful mahogany colored bark.......the best part was I never had to check on the thing. I waited until my Thermpro told me the chicken was done and then waited for the roast.......I stayed in the cool house all day!!! Man I love the snake method in this smoker! I have enough room for a snake that can last 12 hours.

Two rows wide and two high gets me 200* temps, three wide and three high will bump it up to 250* most days.....love it.

Dirtytires
Expert
Expert
Title: It ain't broke...yet
BBQ Comp Team Name: Dont compete...cook for events once in a while

Re: Double smoke.

Post by Dirtytires » September 11th, 2022, 10:26 am

Nice way to spend the day...

Big T
Title: Go Getter
BBQ Comp Team Name: Backyard Boys

Post by Big T » September 11th, 2022, 9:27 pm

:yth:

Measure Twice.....Cut Three Times.

Mo Smoke
Expert
Expert

Post by Mo Smoke » September 11th, 2022, 9:46 pm

How big is your firebox? Can we see a pic of the snake setup?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smoke em if ya got em.