log on

If you are having trouble with a feature of our forums post it here. If you need help figuring something out, post it here too.
AlwaysSmokey

log on

Post by AlwaysSmokey » September 8th, 2014, 2:16 pm

I am having to log on several times. I'll be reading a thread, go to the next page ... and blamo... got to log in again and try to remember what page I was on. Ugh..... anyone else? :huh: :hissy:

ugh... get the grinder...

Rodcrafter
Title: Member
BBQ Comp Team Name: Not competing yet...

Re: log on

Post by Rodcrafter » September 8th, 2014, 2:24 pm

I have had that problem in the past, I think it was the browser I was using. I use chrome while I'm on and haven't had that problem since. Welcome to the crew, glad you found us. don't get discouraged. Someone may come along and solve the tech issue your having. :welcome: :welcome:

Current Smokers: Backyard RF Offset and Hybrid RF Offset trailer rig with Cowboy cooker and fish fryer, always room for more........

AlwaysSmokey

Post by AlwaysSmokey » September 8th, 2014, 2:31 pm

Yeah I've been running chrome. Never had this issue before,.. was curious if it was me or the forum. And thanks for the welcome,...found it back in Feb. great site, just haven't made enough progress on the newest build to post anything.

Frank_Cox
Site Admin
Site Admin
BBQ Comp Team Name: https://smokerbuilderu.com

Post by Frank_Cox » September 8th, 2014, 2:51 pm

have you tried firefox yet? :jocomp:

AlwaysSmokey

Post by AlwaysSmokey » September 8th, 2014, 3:01 pm

no I haven't. I'll narrow down the problem once I get home. If it happens on the tablet,.. then it's not me. and if it does,.. it's this classy p.o.s. here at work. :jocomp2: lol.. all things considered I would say I'm 98 percent sure it's this work computer. So,.. can't be upset....lol... slow days lead to paid web surfing ! If it was the site I'm sure there would be more grumbling! thanks for the input fellas !

Puff
Expert
Expert
Title: Always All In !

Post by Puff » September 8th, 2014, 3:48 pm

It's likely there is something on the computer. I use the iPad and two other computers from home and work. There were windows registry issues that were creating problems on several Internet connections. Smokerbuilder was not one of them because the computer is afraid that I would have short circuited it ....if it messed up my Smokerbuilder....in fact , I have not had to log in since last year after checking the " log in automatically " button.

You may look into that depending on your computer savvy....mine is terrible but I have a friend.

Make no mistake, there ain't no powder in this Puff ! And... I'm not really a crazy person but I play one in real life

noXcuse
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder

Post by noXcuse » September 8th, 2014, 4:36 pm

Clear your cookies bro. Then restart the browser.

Frank_Cox
Site Admin
Site Admin
BBQ Comp Team Name: https://smokerbuilderu.com

Post by Frank_Cox » September 8th, 2014, 5:50 pm

yep noXcuse, that usually fixes everything :beer:

noXcuse
Big Time SmokerBuilder
Big Time SmokerBuilder

Post by noXcuse » September 8th, 2014, 7:02 pm

This used to happen to me a lot when I owned one phpbb forum and was an admin on another. I was always having to clear cookies.

Return to “Forum Issues”